Monday, April 13, 2015

Review: Sulwhasoo Innerise Complete Serum



This is an anti-wrinkle product line from Sulwhasoo. I'm not exactly at the age where I have wrinkles yet, but I do have fine lines over my forehead. I mostly wanted to try this product out because it claims to improve skin radiance, texture and contour (well, not the contour because no cream can change your skin contour..or else plastic surgery would be out of business)!

Description (from sulwhasoo.com):
  • A serum formulated with traditional Korean herbs that densify the skin to improve its radiance, texture, and contour.
  • Yeongsil Complex (the baby brier fruit, Polygonatum officinale, and red ginseng saponin), formulated to activate the skin densifying factors, densifies your skin to revive its radiance, texture, and contour. The thick texture quickly penetrates, leaving refreshing suppleness.
  • Every morning and evening, pump 1-2 times and gently spread over your face after emulsion (lotion)
My impression:

Sulwhasoo.com says this about the Innerise line:

Innerise line corrects the skin's natural density, preventing aging by beginning at its source. The anti-aging line will keep you looking young and refreshed. Notice small wrinkles on your face? Innerise Line will rejuvenate your skin

I expected this to be quite oily since it's an anti-wrinkle line, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. It's hard to describe consistencies by words..but I would say it's like 3/4 lotion and 1/4 cream in terms of texture. I didn't feel sticky applying it and it was all absorbed by the next morning.

My face was actually visibly brighter the next morning. Until now, the most effective product for brightening that I've tried Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask and Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream. I tried these two products back when I first started this blog, and now still nothing tops it. Until this serum. So I was really impressed. It really does improve my skin radiance!

Unfortunately...it didn't improve my texture. In fact, it made it worse. I started noticing some little comedones. I didn't think much of it at first but they persisted after a few weeks. In addition, my skin was really bumpy. I would run my fingers along my face and it was the bumpiest and roughest I've ever felt it for awhile. I switched back to Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask at night and used nothing in the morning and my skin calmed back down.

Perhaps it was too rich for me? I'm not sure. It doesn't seem like it since my face absorbed it well the next day and it wasn't oily during the day. Maybe it was an allergic reaction? But this happened over weeks so it doesn't seem like an allergy. Maybe I'm just sensitive to an ingredient/irritant in the serum.

Lastly, I only used it for around 8 weeks so I can't say much about its anti-wrinkle effects on the fine lines on my forehead.

For a pricy brand such as Sulwhasoo, one shouldn't expect to have irritation or a hypersensitivity reaction to their products. I'm quite disappointed, but happy that I just bought the sample to try.

Summary:

Very impressed with the brightening effect. Probably most effective product I've tried for brightening
Unfortunately it worsened my skin texture. It was bumpy with comedones. Probably the worst I've seen of it for the past year
$125 for 50ml on koreadepart.com

Quality: 3/5 because it really brightened my skin but eventually made my skin rough and bumpy with comedones :(
Value: 2/5 because with such a hefty price tag it shouldn't have any irritation or hypersensitivities side effects

Repurchase? Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment