Friday, April 17, 2015

Review: Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam


This is the cleanser version of their famous Innisfree Jeju Volcanie Pore Clay Mask. I've got large pores that tend to clog and becomes comedones or worse, inflamed pimples. I was quite impressed by Innisfree Jeju Volcanie Pore Clay Mask so I wanted to try their cleanser and see if it will help with clearing out my pores and thus minimizing their size.

Description (from innisfreeworld.com):
  • A pore cleansing foam with Jeju volcanic scoria that strongly absorbs sebum and purifies clogged pores
  • Jeju volcanic scoria is an alkalescence substance, having a similar pH level to the human blood. It is a pure ingredient without any impurities
  • Wash away pore-clogging impurities with Jeju Volcanic Scoria! Volcanic Scoria is a pure and fairly rare ingredient formed as lava cools after a volcanic eruption. It has the powerful capacity to absorb sebum and wash away impurities whilst purifying and moisturizing skin leaving it cleaner and healthier looking, without drying it out
My impression:

So far I've tried used Skinfood Egg White Pore Form and Etude House Baking Powder Cleansing Foam Moist as my pore cleansers. I don't think Innisfree outperformed these two. My pore sizes were the smallest with Skinfood Egg White Pore Form, despite the fact that this cleanser takes the longest for me to wash off the last remaining residue on my face. Etude House Baking Powder Cleansing Foam Moist left my face feeling clean, moist, was an even cheaper option than Skinfood, but didn't reduce my pore sizes as much as Skinfood.

I feel Innisfree didn't clean as well as Skinfood or Etude House. As we all know, pores are enlarged because of the impurities and dirt that lie within it. So by clearing out whatever is inside these pores, the pores will decrease in size. This cleanser definitely didn't reduce my pore size as effectively as Skinfood. My face didn't feel as clean and refreshed after washing, and I noticed I had more comedones than usual while using this cleanser. I also found it more drying because the skin on my nose kept peeling off while I was using this cleanser.

I know a big selling point of this cleanser is the Jeju volcanie scoria. Well, I can barely feel these small pieces of scoria. I think each time I use this cleaner I can feel maybe 3 pieces of scoria that eventually get lost somewhere in my face. So I don't really think 3 pieces of scoria can be very effective in doing what it claims to do.

One thing about these cleansers is that one tube lasts forever. I can probably use this twice a day for a year before the tube is done. However, I won't be using this anymore because I don't think it's an effective cleanser for my pores. I guess it can be my new body foam ^^;;

Summary:

Did not reduce my pore size as effective as Skinfood Egg White Pore Form
A bit too drying for my face
Did not clean as well as Skinfood Egg White Pore Form or Etude House Baking Powder Cleansing
$12 for 150ml on innisfreeworld.com

Quality: 2.5/5 because it was drying, didn't help with my pore size, and led to more comedones on my face
Value: 3.5/5 because 1 tube will literally last you a year and only costs $12

Repurchase? Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment