Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Review: Belif First Aid 360 Eye Care Mask



My last review from the Korean brand "Belif." My eyes have 3 big problems: dark circles, fine lines under the eyes, and super puffy under eyes. Put all these things together and you have eyes that look 10 years older than they're supposed to. I've had some success with eye creams so far, namely Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream for my dark circles and puffiness (though it's only mildly effective for puffiness) and The Face Shop Smim Fermentation Concentrate Eye Cream for my fine lines.

Description (from their official pamphlet):
  • An intensive eye care mask for the skin around the eyes tired from less skin care products and much color make-up
  • Includes mimosa herbs and 3 types of Napiers formula, the mask provides moisture around the sensitive eye area, and revitalize it with energy
  • Apply an appropriate amount 360 degrees around the eyes after evening skin care, and gently massage for absorption. For application in the morning, refrigerate for about 5 minutes, and apply a small amount around the eyes for a cool and refreshing feeling
My impression:

For those who are unfamiliar with Belif (like I was), this is a little blurb from their official pamphlet that contains information on all their products from each product line:

Belif is a "true herbal cosmetic" brand, delivering the highest value and quality based on processes and philosophy created by a UK herbalist, Duncan Napier, 150 years ago. Belief, inheriting Scottish herbalist Duncan Napier's 150 year old philosophy, has developed tailored products for today's skin concerns. Belief uses only essential ingredients, lists them all honestly and does not use flashy packaging. 

Like the rest of Belif's masks, this eye mask is quite sticky. I only use it at night, on the days where my eyes look really old and tired. I know it says I can put it in the fridge for 5 minutes and then use it in the morning, but I'm usually in such a rush in the morning I know I can't do it.

And like all of Belif's masks, it comes in a jar instead of a tube! It's so unhygienic. I have to use a spatula every time but I mean my spatula has bacteria on it too.

Putting all those inconveniences aside, I actually think it does revitalize my tired eyes. I think we've all seen our eyes look super tired and a few years older after a stressful day or if we put lots of make up on our eyes. Overnight, this mask seems to make my eyes look like I had a good 10 hours of sleep for the past 3 days. The fine lines are all gone. My under eyes are supple; there definitely is some puffiness there but I would say it's less than before.

Unfortunately it doesn't do much for my dark circles, but that was never the point of this eye cream, so I won't fault them for that.

You only need an extremely small amount for each use. 25ml will last you forever. In fact, the bacteria will probably get to it before you finish the jar (unfortunately).

Summary:

Does actually make my tired eyes look more youthful
Gets rid of fine lines under my eyes
Under eyes are slightly less puffy
$29 for 25ml on koreadepart.com

Quality: 4/5 because it truly makes me tired eyes from last night look good and young again. But minus 1 mark for the inconvenience

Value: 4.5/5 because 25ml will last you forever (if it doesn't get colonized by bacteria before that)!

Repurchase? I think it will be awhile before I finish this jar...

No comments:

Post a Comment