Sunday, August 3, 2014

Review: Etude House Collagen Eye Gel Patch


For those who follow me, if you're wondering why the background looks different, that's because I just came back from Seoul! Hehe. So I'm actually backtracking because I tried this eye mask while I was in Seoul, and this picture was taken in my hotel room. I really love The Face Shop Raspberry Lines & Lift Collagen Eye Patch from my first trip to Seoul. But despite its effectiveness in taking away all my fine lines and eye bags, it is quite pricey and the effect only lasts around a day. I've heard of the Etude House eye patch before so I made it one of my goals to try it out while I was in Seoul.

Description (from back of the package):
  • Hydro-gel under eye patches formulated with collagen to revitalize and improve appearance around eyes
  • Remove clear film from patches and fasten adhesive sides to areas beneath the eyes. Remove patches after 30 minutes
My impression:

Let's bring out the criteria list! The criteria I have for eye masks is similar to sheet masks. First is, of course, effectiveness. Second is whether or not it can stick on my under eye and feel comfortable (or even better, I don't feel it being on my under eye after awhile). This is because I don't have the patience nor the time to sit there for 30-40 minutes. I need to be doing something while I put on this mask and if I need to fix it every minute because it's falling off my under eye then that's an instant fail. Third is whether or not it absorbs. If I don't feel a difference in the wetness of the sheet mask after 30 minutes.. then there is a problem with the compatibility of the mask with my under eye.

Effectiveness: Well, sadly, I don't really think this mask did much to my eye bags. In fact I think they looked bigger after taking them off but maybe that's just me imagining things. So I don't think there was any revitalizing or improving of appearance around my eyes. It did moisturize though, so it minimized the fine lines directly underneath my eye. The Face Shop Raspberry Lines & Lift Collagen Eye Patch wins in all areas in this category in that it significantly minimizes my eye bags and pretty much takes away all fine lines.

Adherence: This patch was very jello-like, unlike The Face Shop Raspberry Lines & Lift Collagen Eye Patch which was thinner and more like a hard gel. The thick, flimsy jello made it a bit harder to stick onto where I wanted it to, which is literally up again my lower eyelashes because that's where my fine lines are. As a result, it was a bit more uncomfortable and the adherence wasn't as good due to the thickness of the patch and my eye bags.

Absorption: After putting it on for 30 minutes, I didn't feel the patch get drier or decrease in thickness, though I don't think that's the end all be all for absorption. I do feel that my eyes absorbed the moisture because the fine lines were minimized.

Unfortunately it looks like Etude House's eye patch didn't work out for me. Damn, and it was a cheaper option too!

Summary:

Minimizes fine lines though not as significant as The Face Shop Raspberry Lines & Lift Collagen Eye Patch
Did nothing for my eye bags, no "lifting"
Didn't improve appearance around my eyes
$4 per patch on eBay

Quality: 2.5/5 because it moisturized and diminished my fine lines so I guess that deserves a pass

Value: 2/5 because I can get an eye cream to do that for me, I don't need to pay for a patch!

Repurchase? As a result, I bought 60 patches of The Face Shop Raspberry Lines & Lift Collagen Eye Patch while I was in Seoul :P

No comments:

Post a Comment