Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Review: OHUI Age Recovery Cell-lab Cream


This is my second product from OHUI, the first one being OHUI White Extreme Cellshine Essence.  Since that one had really impressive whitening effects, I looked forward to trying this cream. I'm always looking for better night creams, because I know that my current night cream, Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask, won't be effective for me forever as I age and have drier, more wrinkly skin. In fact, I already think it's not the best for my forehead, which is showing signs of lines when I frown.

Description (from beclo.com):
  • Formulated with dermal stem cell recombinant culture fluid rHDSCPTM, anti-wrinkle functional essence fundamentally addresses skin aging. 
  • Glucose technology with its similar property to skin lipids reinforces skin lipid's protective layer to boost skin elasticity and density.
  • To Use: As the last step in basic skin care, take a pearl-sized amount and apply evenly from the center of the face working outwards. Use your two hands and body temperature to cover the face for better absorption.
My impression:

My impression of this brand is that it sits along the ranks of SUM37, IOPE, and HERA, so it's higher end than Skinfood, Etude House etc, but it's not as high end as History of Whoo and Sulwhasoo.

This sample was enough for 2 applications. It's a bit thick so I only used it at night for 2 consecutive nights. Unfortunately, I got a pimple on my right cheek the morning after using this and the pimple only got bigger when I used it again yesterday night. [Edit 2014 Feb 05]: I just remembered I got another pimple at the ends of my left eyebrow. Forgot about it since it was smaller than the one on my cheek but now it's starting to hurt..so that makes two pimples in total [/Edit] Now, it could be pure coincidence that I got a pimple at the same time as trying this out..but I must say it's been a long time since I've gotten a pimple (even with my menstrual cycles) so I am skeptic...

I know 2 uses is not enough to judge its anti-aging effects, but I do think that the cream needs to be tolerable to me while I use it and wait for its long-term effects to start showing. But this cream didn't do that for me. My skin tone looked very dull and unhealthy the morning after. This was similar to when I used Etude House Collagen Moistfull Enriched Cream. It definitely doesn't brighten my face like Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask. I know this cream isn't advertised for skin brightening, but I believe that for creams to be completely anti-aging, they do not need to only to target wrinkles but also make skin look young and rejuvenated i.e. brightening.

Needless to say, I won't be buying more samples of this one. I rather give SUM37 Extreme Time Control Cream another try before this one. At least that one brightened my face and didn't give me pimples..so I can afford to wait for its long term effects.

Summary:

Gave me a dull and unhealthy looking skin tone
I got a pimple after one application and the pimple got bigger after the second application
$105 for 50ml on beclo.com

Grade: 3/5 because my face reverted back to its unhealthy skin tone and I got a pimple

Value: 2/5 because I can buy other anti-wrinkle creams that also brighten my face and don't give me pimples

Repurchase? No

No comments:

Post a Comment