Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Review: Sulwhasoo Snowise EX Whitening Line


After trying out History of Whoo Seol Whitening line (I've separated my review for the CC Sun Cream from the same line here), I switched to try out its biggest competititor, Sulwhasoo Snowise EX Whitening Line. I used it for a month. Reading reviews, I've heard better things from History of Whoo, but personally I've had better success with Sulwhasoo products so I still wanted to give it a try. Last year I experimented with my own made up combination of Hadalabo Shirojyun Whitening Essence and The Saem Chaga White Liposome Biocellulose Sheet, which worked, but I'm always into trying new products, especially whitening products. Give me my white pearly skin!

I actually tried out the Sulwhasoo Snowise EX Whitening Eye Treatment first before I tried the rest of the line so I've posted a separate review of that here.

My Impression:

Sulwhasoo Snowise EX Cleansing Foam
I used this cleansing foam twice a day, in the morning alone and at night with the exfoliating gel below. Before this, I was using the Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam in the morning and Skinfood Black Sugar Scrub Foam at night. This cleanser, I feel, is quite mild. My skin feels nice and refreshed afterwards and it doesn't feel like it's stripping my face of all its moisture. Unfortunately, over the course of using this line, I developed two pimples. Strangely not in the usual area beside my nose at cheek level, where my large pores are. This is basically why I stopped using this line after 30 days (I still have some samples left of the cleanser, serum, and day cream). I don't blame it all on this cleanser as I think the UV Protection Cream (last one on this post) definitely played a big part, but this cleanser could've saved the day, and it didn't.

Sulwhasoo Snowise EX White Ginseng Exfoliating Gel
I actually don't know this exfoliating gel works. It smells like ginseng, and I see little ginseng-colored beads, but no matter how hard I try to rub it on my face, I never feel those beads. It's not a chemical peel like Missha Super Aqua Detox Peeling Gel either because I don't see any dead skin rubbing getting washed off. But after rinsing, my face is smoother and brightened. It's pretty mild though, just like History of Whoo Seol Brightening Gel. I used it every evening with no irritation or other problems. And you definitely have to use this on a wet face because I've tried to put it on my dry face and it's so slimy it's impossible to spread it on my face dry.

Sulwhasoo Snowise EX Whitening Spot Serum
I used this all over my cheek area where my acne scars from 2-3 years ago can still be seen if you look closely at the mirror. Since my scars aren't that visible anymore, I saw only a slight whitening effect, and that is only if I'm looking really hard at the mirror to spot some difference. So small I might just be making things up in my head. I did feel that it made my overall face brighter with this spot serum, as these 2 small tubes only lasted 2 weeks and I felt that my face wasn't as bright after I was finished using them. It's very light, so I had no trouble putting this under the whitening serum (below).

Sulwhasoo Snowise EX Whitening Serum
This serum was clear and light in consistency. I would say it's lighter than History of Whoo Seol Whitening serum, though not by much. I didn't find too much of a whitening or brightening effect with this serum alone, but I find that it did help enhance the spot serum's effects when used together. Like above, it didn't really help with whitening my 2-3 year old acne scars, but my skin felt brightened. Fortunately, it did NOT enlarge my pores, which the History of Whoo Seol Whitening serum did over time.

There is a Snowise EX Whitening Cream, but I didn't get it because I thought the serum may be rich enough for my oily/combination skin. In retrospect, since the serum is quite light, and since it didn't increase my pore size, I think putting the cream on top will still be okay for combination skin types.

Sulwhasoo Snowise EX UV Protection Cream SPF46 PA++
This product is the reason why I stopped using this line after 30 days. I actually didn't think this product was that oily for SPF46. My nose didn't get that much oil production either. Of course, this was also due to me using Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer Essence as my last skincare step every morning. But over the course of using this line, I started noticing a small little bump on both sides on the bottom of my cheeks. I tried to put some antibiotic cream on them, but to no avail. They were extremely slow growing. So therefore, it's taking them forever to go away. I stopped using this line 2 weeks ago when the pimple was at its prime, about a week ago it finally settled down and the scar is still pretty apparent now.

Overall:
History of Whoo Seol Whitening line or Sulwhasoo Snowise EX Whitening line? I feel that they both whiten to the same (slight) degree, but Sulwhasoo brightens whereas History of Whoo does not. Furthermore, Sulwhasoo does not enlarge my pores. So my choice would be Sulwhasoo

Sulwhasoo Snowise EX Whitening line or Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail line? Sulwhasoo Snowise EX may brighten but it clearly does NOT brighten as much as Missha Super Aqua Snail Cream and Snail Sleeping Mask does. After experimenting with this line, I resumed my normal Morning Skincare Routine and Night Skincare Routine and I have re-realized how great Missha's snail line is at brightening. So my choice would be Missha

Grade: 3.5/5 though its whitening effect was extremely mild, it did brighten but gave me two pimples :(

Value: N/A because I bought these samples through GMarket and they were $5 per pack of samples..I don't think I can ever afford to pay the full price for these products :(

Repurchase?  No..not enough whitening and brightening effects

2 comments:

  1. Hi, may i know where do you bought the sample size sulwhasoo whitening ex serum?

    ReplyDelete