Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: OHUI White Extreme Cellshine Essence


This was another sample that I got when I purchased Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream samples. OHUI is another high end brand and it's the first time I'm trying a product from OHUI. This costs $120 for 45ml so I would think it is more expensive than HERA and around the same price range as Sulwhasoo and History of Whoo.

Description (paraphrased from beclo.com):
  • This skin-brightening treatment features aurora-colored liquid crystal that simulates the shape of the skin cell. 
  • The crystal helps the innovative whitening ingredient penetrate deeply into the cells as soon as it touches the skin, restraining melanin and rejuvenating the cells
  • This whitening serum promotes bright and radiant skin, nourishing the inner layers of the cells.
My impression:

Aurora-colored liquid crystal that simulates the shape of the skin cell..sounds too complex for me. This essence is clear and has the texture of a thicker toner that one uses to put on the face (as opposed to putting it on a pad and wiping it on the face). I would say its consistency is most similar to Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Treatment. It is definitely less thick than HERA White Program Biogenic Effector, another whitening product that I tried recently. This sample was probably enough for two uses but I was too generous in my first application and used it all up.

Since it has the consistency of a thicker toner, it's very light. I put a lot on but I could barely feel anything on my skin, no sticky skin and no clogged pores the next morning.

This essence was also very impressive. I noticed that my face was whiter the next morning, though perhaps slightly (and I do mean very slightly) less than HERA White Program Biogenic Effector. But the difference is so small it could just be my own memory's fault. In fact, I got such great results with these two whitening products back to back that I thought I was just seeing things. But then when I tried my third whitening sample the next day, The Saem Chaga White Liposome Boosting Toner (my next review), which was totally NOT effective, I confirmed that OHUI's whitening essence did make my skin whiter.

This was another good find. I'll consider buying samples of this but I don't see myself buying the full product because I just won't be able to afford it. If I have to buy the full product then I rather buy Hadalabo Shirojyun Arbutin Whitening Essence but luckily I see samples for sale on eBay :3

Summary:

Toner-like consistency, very light-weight
No clogged pores
Impressive overnight whitening effects
$120 for 45ml on becleo.com, $40 for 40 x 1ml samples (40ml) on eBay

Grade: 4.5/5 because it had pretty impressive overnight whitening effects

Value: 3.5/5 pretty expensive for the full version considering Hadalabo Shirojyun Arbutin Whitening Essence was effective and cheaper

Repurchase? I've ordered some more whitening samples so I'll be trying them first before I decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment