Saturday, January 26, 2013

Review: Nature Republic Snaytox Hydrogel Eye Patch



Second eye mask review! I admit, I don't use eye masks very often because I have to put them right up against my lower eyelid because that's where my fine lines are and it's not the most comfortable thing to keep on for 30-40 minutes. I was first exposed to the whole eye mask thing when I went to Korea last summer. I bought the immensely popular The Face Shop Raspberry Lines & Lift Raspberry Collagen Eye Patch, which were sold in packs of 200 and 300 in the stores I went to in Korea!

The criteria I have for eye masks is similar to sheet masks. First is, of course, effectiveness. Second is whether or not it can stick on my under eye and feel comfortable (or even better, I don't feel it being on my under eye after awhile). This is because I don't have the patience nor the time to sit there for 30-40 minutes. I need to be doing something while I put on this mask and if I need to fix it every minute because it's falling off my under eye then that's an instant fail. Third is whether or not it absorbs. If I don't feel a difference in the wetness of the sheet mask after 30 minutes.. then there is a problem with the compatibility of the mask with my under eye.

Description (taken from koreandepart.com):
  • Adhesive Hydro gel patch that is easy to stick on curvy eye area.
  • Rich nutrients with peptide mixture give moisture.
  • High land berries and Beta-carotene content gives moisture and firmness to the eye area.
  • After removing the film, use the wide side to stick on under eye area. After 30~40 minutes, take off the patch and tap gently to absorb. Use 2 times a week
My impression:

Funny how the description doesn't mention anything about snake and botox. I thought that's why this thing is called Snaytox? Maybe just an error in translation. Too bad I don't read Korean.

I bought two eye masks from Nature Republic because I got lured in by an employee with a free Nature Republic Snail Therapy Mask Sheet and I felt bad not buying anything (I assume that's why they give you free stuff in the beginning). The other eye mask that I bought was Nature Republic Aqua Collagen Solution Marine Hydro Gel Eye Patch.

Within a minute of putting this on, I felt a slight stinging under my eye. The stinging lasted throughout the whole 40 minutes of me putting this mask on. I guess there's some alcohol in there..not exactly the best thing to be putting under my eye!

First is effectiveness..I didn't see any difference in the fine lines under my eyes. I am also curious in whether or not there was anything IN this mask. The instructions says to pat the remaining essence after you've removed the mask. Well after I removed the mask there wasn't anything there to pat for absorption...Maybe it all evaporated since it has been around 5 months. But the expiry date says Mar 2013 in the back of the package and all these eye masks are sold in packages of like 50-100 in stores. In any case, I didn't put any eye cream on after the mask and in about 10 minutes my under eyes started feeling dry...

Second is whether it stuck around where I put it and whether it was comfortable. It stuck around but having that slight stinging sensation under your eye for 40 minutes was definitely not comfortable.

Third is whether it absorbs.. well, the eye gel patch didn't seem very wet after usage, so assuming there was something in the mask to begin with, I guess I will say it absorbed well.

Looks like it's not that popular on eBay as only one seller lists it and it's $43 for 8 pairs! I forgot how much I paid for it in Korea, maybe $3-4 USD?

Summary:

Had a stinging sensation throughout the whole 40 minutes of applying the patch
Did nothing for my eyes, felt dry within 10 minutes of taking the patch away
Doesn't seem like there's much essence in the patch to begin with? Evaporated because of bad packaging?
$5+ per pair on eBay!

Grade: 0/5 because this thing did nothing and gave me a stinging sensation

Value: 0/5 because you should spend your $5+ on something else that works

Repurchase? No

No comments:

Post a Comment