Sunday, January 27, 2013

Review: Nature Republic Aqua Collagen Solution Marine Hydro Gel Eye Patch



Third eye mask review! I just did one yesterday for Nature Republic Snaytox Hydrogel Eye Patch, where I found that there wasn't much essence left in the patch. Not sure if it just evaporated or if there was just not much to begin with, but to be on the safe side I decided I might as well use this one too before it gets any drier. I was first exposed to the whole eye mask thing when I went to Korea last summer. I bought the immensely popular The Face Shop Raspberry Lines & Lift Raspberry Collagen Eye Patch, which were sold in packs of 200 and 300 in the stores there!

The criteria I have for eye masks is similar to sheet masks. First is, of course, effectiveness. Second is whether or not it can stick on my under eye and feel comfortable (or even better, I don't feel it being on my under eye after awhile). This is because I don't have the patience nor the time to sit there for 30-40 minutes. I need to be doing something while I put on this mask and if I need to fix it every minute because it's falling off my under eye then that's an instant fail. Third is whether or not it absorbs. If I don't feel a difference in the wetness of the sheet mask after 30 minutes.. then there is a problem with the compatibility of the mask with my under eye.

Description (taken from sasa.com):
  • Use of the hydro gel mask sheet with silky touch fitting 
  • Contains marine collagen to allow your fatigued skin around eye area elastic and vital 
  • Forms a moist essence film on your dehydrated eye area and improve appearance of fine wrinkles 
  • Provides intensive care for dark circles and eye bags 
  • Lightweight texture intensively nourishes skin around eye area.
  • Remove tray films and spread evenly the wide part from the front of eyes and narrow part from the end of eyes. Leave it on eyes for 30 - 40 minutes. Remove the mask, and left the skin absorb the remaining essence by gently patting the skin.
My impression:

I bought this eye mask along with Nature Republic Snaytox Hydrogel Eye Patch from Nature Republic because I got lured in by an employee with a free Nature Republic Snail Therapy Mask Sheet and I felt bad not buying anything (I assume that's why they give you free stuff in the beginning).

I have fine lines, dark circles and saggy bags under my eyes. So if this eye patch does everything according to its description, it will fix all my troubles in that area. Unfortunately my 6 months of experience with Korean skincare has told me that a description like that is too good to be true. How can one eye patch do so much?

With the Nature Republic Snaytox Hydrogel Eye Patch, I felt an uncomfortable slight stinging sensation. I felt the same slight stinging sensation here as well but less. But unlike the former eye patch, this one has a lot more essence left on the patch because I could feel the wetness of the patch when I was putting it on my eyes and also there was essence remaining on my eyes after I removed the patch.

First is effectiveness..I saw a slight improvement in the fine lines, maybe similar or not as much as The Face Shop Raspberry Lines & Lift Raspberry Collagen Eye Patch. I can feel that my under eyes are moisturized and I don't feel like I need to put an eye cream on after removing the patch, which I did with the Snaytox patch. No difference in dark circles but I don't think that is something I can tell with a one-time use.

Second is whether it stuck around where I put it and whether it was comfortable. It stuck around and this one was more comfortable because it had less of a stinging sensation. I actually forgot about it as time went by.

Third is whether it absorbs. There was definitely a difference in wetness when I touched the patch to put it on and when I touched the patch again to remove it. So I would say yes.

So overall, not a bad patch! However, since I have still have a bunch of The Face Shop Raspberry Lines & Lift Raspberry Collagen Eye Patch left and they are of similar effectiveness, I guess I won't be buying anymore of these for now.

Summary:

$3 per pair on Sasa

Grade: 3.5/5 because it was effective, it absorbed, but there was still that slight stinging sensation

Value: 4/5 because $3 for one pair is pretty cheap when comparing the prices of other eye masks out there

Repurchase? Nope, gonna finish using The Face Shop Raspberry Lines & Lift Raspberry Collagen Eye Patch first.

No comments:

Post a Comment