Sunday, January 13, 2013

Review: Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil #5 Gray


I previously bought Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil #1 Black Brown and I was curious to try other colors. I decided to be courageous and buy the #5 gray color. Not the dark gray, but gray. I was a bit scared it might not turn out well so I decided to be safe and just buy the refill, which is cheaper. 

Description (taken from eBay.com):
  • Silky smooth eyebrow pencil fills in, defines and shapes brows to perfection.
  • Ultra-fine tip lightly deposits pigments, mimicking actual brow hair for a natural look that highlights the sparkle of your eyes.
  • For natural looking brows, apply liner with precise and short strokes, following the natural growth of your brows
My impression:

I've talked about its effects in my Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil #1 Black Brown post so I won't talk about it here. In summary, it's creamy, it blends in well, and it lasts all day. I'll talk about the color instead. I tried to find the lighting that makes the pencil color look the most accurate and took a picture...


The gray isn't light. It's like a cement gray or a dried clay mask kind of gray.

The gray doesn't look out of place if you put it on lightly. But if you accidentally put on too much, your whole face will suddenly have two gray lines on top of your eyes that stand out. Because nobody is used to seeing gray on someone's face. The first time I put it on, I put too much and when I looked at the mirror the first thing my eyes shot to were my eyebrows because of the weird unnatural color.

So I tried to smudge it around a bit, take some of the color off with the tissue and it turned out okay.

Gray

I put this on very lightly. Less than what I put on when I use the brown one. For easier comparison, here's the brown one.

Brown

So the gray one isn't bad. Just that it might take a little bit more time because sometimes if you put it on too dark you'll have to fix it. Or you might not notice because you're in a hurry until you get to school/work and people start staring at you weird...

I think I'll stick to the brown one. Because I'm always in a hurry in the morning since I snooze like crazy. And with the brown one, even if I put on too much, it won't look too weird.

Summary:

Creamy, lasts all day, easy to blend
If you accidentally put on too much you'll look very unnatural and catch unwanted attention...
$5 for whole pencil with brush and $4 for refill on eBay

Quality: 4.5/5 because it's creamy, lasts all day and is easy to blend. But easy to put on too much and look like you're going to some costume party

Value: 5/5 because it's very cheap for an eyebrow pencil

Repurchase? No...but I'm still curious so I'll probably the try other colors

No comments:

Post a Comment