Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Review: IOPE V-Fit Lift Eye Cream (anti-wrinkle)



Finally done finals! I can finally get back to my normal life. I've been using this eye cream from the end of October (basically right after I wrote the review for Skinfood Black Raspberry Eye Cream) and have been wanting to do a review on it. This is my second product from IOPE, the first one being their infamous product IOPE Retinol Tx Intensive Wrinkle Care..which didn't do much for the fine lines on my forehead.

Description (from eBay.com):
  • This firm-feel eye cream is targeted for Oriental women with advanced fat pockets under the eyes that tend to lead to more puffiness than Western women
  • Caffeine, dermo-chlorella extract ingredients relieve puffiness around the eyes while protecting lymph cell. 
  • Oenothera odorata extracts firm skin layers, providing elasticity for skin around the eyes
  • Bio polymers derived from plants from a firm layer, providing smooth care to fine wrinkles around the eyes
  • Take content the size of pearl (0.1ml) and place under the eyes. Massage circling around the for absorption.
My impression:

My under eyes are very dry and I've got quite a bit of fine lines. I've been trying out anti-wrinkle creams for the past 3-4 months now, starting with Skinfood Royal Honey Eye Cream which did nothing, Laniege Water Bank Eye Gel which did nothing and cost a lot, Skinfood Gold Caviar Collagen Eye Cream which has given me the best results yet because it firmed up my under eye area and made it smoother but didn't take away my fine lines completely, Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Eye Cream which was second best because it didn't give me the same firm under eyes, and Skinfood Black Raspberry Eye Cream which didn't do much and had a smell that put me off.

I've been using this once a day at night. The instruction doesn't say once or twice a day but I use it only at night just because I don't have enough time in the morning and I am quite generous in applying so my under eyes look quite shiny for awhile after application. I used this eye cream first before using Skinfood Salmon Brightening Eye Cream for my dark circles. This is a 10ml sample which for eye cream is quite plenty.

Sadly, this wasn't good at all. In fact, I've felt my under eye condition getting worse and worse as time goes by while using this eye cream. The firmness has gone back to its original pre-Skinfood Gold Caviar Collagen Eye Cream form, and it's very dry. Now it is winter with the heat turned on and I was stressed from exams for at least 3 weeks so I'm not going to blame the dryness completely on this eye cream. But as the effect of the previous eye creams were wearing off, this one wasn't effective enough to completely replace the previous creams' effects.

So let's go over its claims one by one. Firm-feel, well, like I said in the previous paragraph, absolutely non-existent. Puffiness, it may have helped a bit, though not very visible unless you really look for a difference. Elasticity, nope, I didn't feel any elasticity when I was applying the eye cream on my eyes, as in they didn't "bounce back" in resistance when I pressed on it to put the eye cream on. Smooth care to fine wrinkles, nonexistent because my eyes have just been getting drier and my fine lines have been more evident.

Unfortunately for me, it looks like this eye cream is a dud!

I still have other eye creams to try which I am tempted to, but I think I might need to switch back to using Skinfood Gold Caviar Collagen Eye Cream for awhile to restore my under eyes back to its better days before it's too late :S

Summary:

Doesn't firm, doesn't provide elasticity, doesn't smooth my wrinkles
Not moisturizing enough and did nothing for my fine-lines
Helped a bit in puffiness
$15 for 50ml (10ml samples x 5) on eBay

Grade: 1/5 because it was not moisturizing enough and didn't do anything that it claims to do other than puffiness

Value: 2/5 worth a try I guess since it's not too expensive

Repurchase? No

2 comments:

  1. Oh and thanks for replying btw <3333 Yeah it sucks that we don't get any notifications, I wish Blogger would fix that problem! I hope your exams went well :D

    ReplyDelete