Sunday, November 4, 2012

Review: Missha Near Skin Firming Peptide Intensive Lifting Cream




I actually didn't know about this product until I got this as a complimentary sample. But it basically hits what I need now: firming and anti-wrinkle serum. So I was pretty happy to try this out because I've been using Skinfood Gold Caviar Collagen Serum which hasn't done much for the fine lines on my forehead. Same with the cream version.

Description (taken from missha.ca):
  • Wrinkle care and firming skin care to help make firm and elastic skin with benefits of 12 peptides to strengthen elasticity of inner skin
  • Intensive firming serum to help make the skin tightened by enriched Multi-Peptide and Liquid Barrier ingredients while providing tight tension to the skin
  • It provides abundant moisture and nutrients to the skin to make it firm and nourished
  • Highly concentrated skin-friendly ingredients like Lipid Water, Lipid Barrier and 12 peptides vitalize damaged skin to help increase its own elasticity
  • After using toner, pump an appropriate amount and apply it over face. Cover it with both palms to be fully absorbed. Apply once more on the area where you feel sagging
My impression:

Well this is new. I've never seen the word "peptides" used in skincare before. Maybe they decided to use peptide instead of protein to attract customers?

This was just a one-time sample so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to see any anti-wrinkle or firming effects. However, I wanted to see if this would be compatible for my skin to use it long-term.

This serum has a thick consistency, just like all the anti-aging serums that I've tried such as the Tony Moly Intense Care Dual Effect Sleeping Pack and Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Essence. I didn't break out from this and my one pimple didn't get any bigger or redder unlike when I used Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Essence, but I did notice that the pores beside my nose did get bigger the morning after, just like it did when I used the Tony Moly Intense Care Dual Effect Sleeping Pack. Maybe it's just an effect of the thick and rich serum? The pores returned to their original size after I washed it with my Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam cleanser and wiped my face with Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner toner.

While I can't say much about its advertised effects from a one-time sample, I think it did make my face a bit brighter. For those who have not read my blog before, I have an unhealthy jaundice-like yellow color on my face when I wake up every morning. I've been using Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Sleeping Mask and Snail Cream recently and they've helped in making my face brighter so I've forgotten about what my face usually looks like. But one time I was trying a sample of Etude House Collagen Moistful Enriched Cream and that didn't do anything for my skin tone so I immediately remembered how unhealthy and yellow my face looked. This firming peptide cream did maintain the brightness in my face, which is good because I don't want to sacrifice that glow for anti-wrinkle prevention. I also noticed that the redness from my previous acne scars on my cheeks calmed down.

Summary:

Enlarged my pores the next morning but returned to normal size after cleansing and toner
Maintained the brightness on my face even though it isn't advertised to do that
Can't determine anti-wrinkle and firming effects in a one-time use sample
$26 for 40ml on Missha.ca

Grade: 4/5 because it doesn't break me out and maintains the brightness of my face but it did enlarge my pores which may be worrisome

Value: 3.5/5 because it's pretty expensive for 40ml but I guess most anti-aging and firming stuff is around this price range

Repurchase? I might try this out after I buy the full size of the Tony Moly Intense Care Dual Effect Sleeping Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment