Friday, October 19, 2012

Review: Skinfood Gold Caviar Collagen Cream


I actually got these samples by mistake. I ordered Skinfood Gold Caviar Eye Cream and ended up getting the collagen cream. The eBay seller was kind enough to say they will refund my item as well as the shipping fee it costs for me to send it back...but I was too lazy. So I just decided to keep it since I wanted to try it out anyways.

I'm going to be 25 soon and I already see fine lines on my forehead so I thought it's time to do implement some anti-aging skincare regimen..especially since it takes time to find the right product for me.

Description (taken from eng.theskinfood.com):
  • A collagen-enriched serum with Russian caviar extract, pure gold particles, and collagen extract that fill up loose, deflated skin for a firmer, tighter complexion. (Cosmeceutical for wrinkle care )
  • After toner application, dispense an ample amount into your palm. Smooth on the face in gentle rolling motions.
My impression:

Sometimes I wonder why I bought this sample (or why I didn't send it back), because of course it would have similar effects as the Skinfood Gold Caviar Collagen Serum. They're probably the same formula, just that one is a serum and this one is a cream!

This is oilier and has a thicker consistency than its serum equivalent. However, I mentioned in the Skinfood Gold Caviar Collagen Serum review that it actually felt quite light after 10 minutes of absorption and gives a slightly matte feel to my face. But with this cream, the more I massage it into my face, the more the cream melts and I start feeling like I'm massaging oil onto my face. Fortunately, despite that, I didn't break out of this either.

But I also didn't see much effects on the fine lines on my forehead. I guess I shouldn't expect much since I only bought samples and each packet only contains enough for one-time use. But since this is basically the same formula as the serum and I didn't see any difference in my fine lines, nevermind the disappearance of them, I don't think I'll be buying the full version of this.

For those who have had success with the Skinfood Gold Caviar Collagen Serum but found it too dry may want to give this one a try.

[Edit Feb. 4 2013]: For those who are interested in collagen creams, I just tried It's Skin Power 10 Formula CO Effector with Phyto Collagen and it has given me impressive results. It's hydrating but also helps brighten my skin making it vibrant the next day. Maybe worth a try if you can get a sample somewhere!

Summary:

No breakouts, allergic reactions, etc.
No difference on fine lines just like its serum equivalent
$27 for 45g on eBay

Grade: 1/5 because it didn't reduce any of my fine lines but it's moisturizing and didn't break me out

Value: 1/5 because it's $27 for something that doesn't work on my wrinkles and only moisturizes

Repurchase? No, I think I'm going to try to buy the full size version of Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Essence since I got some good results from that one-time sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment