Sunday, September 2, 2012

Review: Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask



I bought this along with Missha's Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Essential Moisturizer in Korea. I had an allergic reaction to the moisturizer but luckily this one was fine. The sleeping mask only has 15% of the snail extract though, compared to 40% for the moisturizer and 70% for the cream. I've also reviewed Missha's Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream and you can find that post here.

School is starting to get busy and I definitely can see myself having less and less time for sheet masks where I actually have to put the mask on my face and keep it from falling off. I have to multitask when I do masks and to constantly pay attention to whether my mask is completely in contact with my face while doing assignments/studying is too hard for me..so I know I'll just end up being lazy and not do it. This sleeping mask is great because I just put it on before bed and it does its job while I sleep.
 
Description (taken from sasa.com):
  • Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask is enriched with Snail Slime Extract 15% and Botanical Stem Cell Extract. It nourish you skin while you sleep. These ingredients can brighten up and repair your skin. The Baobab Extract 2% can soften your skin, leaving your skin feel sleek and supple. Wonderfully moisturized, deeply nourished and plumped, skin emerges infinitely regenerated. Your skin can be renewed, refined, resilient and radiant upon using it the next day when you wake up. 
  • After toning, apply an adequate amount all over your face before you go to bed.

My impression:

My idea of a sleeping mask is that it should be something very rich, gets absorbed slowly, and may appear to be a shiny slick on your face so you can put it on while sleeping. This sleeping mask is a little different in that like Missha's Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream, this gets absorbed very quickly on my skin. What I think is an adequate amount ends up being inadequate because a few minutes later it's all gone! So I slab on even more since my face seems to be wanting more of this :P

When I wake up, it's all absorbed, my face feels moisturized and supple. My complexion is more even, the redness from the acne scars have calmed down. I think it's recommended to use this 1-2 times weekly but I've been using it nightly for the past 10ish days now and the bumps on my face have almost all disappeared. In fact, since I couldn't use the moisturizer anymore, I've been using this sleeping mask in the morning! Of course, this is given that I live in a non-humid climate and I use 1/3 the amount I use at night.

As with most products from Missha and all products from this snail line, it is paraben, colorant, and mineral-oil free. Definitely a plus since I see this as something I will be using long-term and keeping on my face the whole time when I sleep.
For 110ml at $24, this will last me awhile and I think it's a great deal.

Summary:

Moisturizing, great skin complexion when I wake up.. all the benefits I listed in my post for the cream
Doesn't break me up no matter how much I put on, even as a day cream!
Great price for its effect
$24 for 110ml on eBay

Grade: 5/5 because it works and my face looks smoother, calmer, less red when I wake up and doesn't breakout even if I slab a whole lot on my face

Value: 4.5/5 because technically it only contains 15% snail mucin extract while the cream contains 70%, though I don't see much difference in effect

Repurchase? Yes! But I have this whole tube plus two other small tubes coming from my snail cream set order so it'll be awhile before I need to repurchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment