Sunday, September 2, 2012

Review: Laniege Water Bank Eye Gel




As mentioned in an earlier post, I have fine lines/wrinkles right under my eyes. I think (or I hope) that these are mostly due to dry skin and with proper moisture, they will go away. Since I heard a lot about this moisturizing eye gel (the words "water bank" certainly got me interested) I decided to splurge (I bought it for around $35) and buy this jar to see if it can really help me.



Description (taken from laniege.com):
  • An eye care product that retains moisture for the dry eye area for 24 hours for supple, revitalized eyes
  • Cool moisture and non-sticky formula of this gel-type eye cream moisturize the eye area and relieves puffiness
  • Contains Calendula extracts that have been used to heal skin infections and relieve irritation for supple relief of sensitive eye area. 
  • Contains ginkgo leaf extracts that promote blood circulation and prevent damage caused by free radicals in cells to reduce dark circles and to revitalize the eye area.  
  • After applying essence and before applying cream, pump 1~2 times for prompt amount (0.8cm of diameter). Gently pat along with eye lines
My impression:

For the price, the brand's reputation and the marketing for this product, I was disappointed in the results. I used this back in August for around 2 weeks day and night and it did.. pretty much nothing. I would dab in 1/3 pea sized amount before I sleep but the next day I didn't see a visible difference. It definitely was NOT moisturizing enough as a day eye cream because I was only halfway done putting my bobbi brown concealer and I already noticed the concealer started looking dry. The only good thing about it was that it was light and didn't give me any milia or breakouts.

Summary:

Not moisturizing enough for my eyes
A light eye cream that didn't give me milia
Pricey
$28.41 for 25ml on eBay

Grade: 2/5 because it doesn't do much, if anything

Value: 1/5 because it's pricey, not to mention the jar is not hygienic

Repurchase? No. This wasn't moisturizing enough for me, didn't do much for my fine lines/wrinkles and is pretty pricey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment