Friday, September 28, 2012

Review: Kose Softymo Nose Clean Pack (charcoal nose strips)


I used to use Biore nose strips before but gave up because they cost quite a bit and did practically nothing to my blackheads, and I had a lot back then--both in number and size. When I went to Japan I saw these nose strips by Kose that were incorporated with black charcoal. I've been using Origins Active Charcoal Mask and charcoal has been very effective in sucking out the impurities and dirt from my pores. From what I remember, this was pretty cheap too compared to what I paid for Biore nose strips.

Description (taken from sasa.com):
  • Kose Cosmeport Softy Nose Clean Pack remove all dirt, impurities and blackheads from pores with no mercy.
  • After cleansing, dampen the nose and apply the pack on the nose.
  • Wait for 10 – 15 minutes until the pack is totally dried. Remove the pack from the edge.
  • Recommended to use 1 – 2 times per week.
My impression:

I bought these nose strips before I revamped my whole skincare regimen with Korean skincare products. When my blackheads were still quite prominent before I changed my cleanser to Skinfood Black Sugar Scrub Foam, I used this nose strip and the results were very good compared to Biore. Unfortunately, at the time I didn't think of starting a beauty blog and so I didn't take a photo. And now my blackheads aren't as prominent so the photo doesn't look as good. However, I've tried one nose strip on le bf before and the results were...astounding. Perhaps I can use him as the guinea pig and put up a photo here in the near future.

Got the photos. I was using my phone camera so it couldn't focus very well but I think it's pretty apparent how great it is at sticking to blackheads. Credits go to bf


When I used Biore, I felt that it barely did anything for my blackheads. Yes, it removed some, particularly those at the tip of my nose but that was it. Softymo, though, removed blackheads from the left, right, and center of my nose. The difference in effectiveness was very evident. Their nose strips also has lots of cuts to ensure proper fit to maximize the area the strip sticks to your nose, which of course increases effectiveness. Biore had none of that.  

The blackheads on my nose are a lot better now thanks to the Skinfood Black Sugar Scrub Foam, especially when it comes to the size of those blackheads, but they are still on my nose and sometimes need that extra plug to get them out. I find that these nose strips can help me go that extra mile. The only other thing that I've noticed helped me do that also so far is the Sulwhasoo Skin Clarifying Mask.

In a nutshell, Kose Softymo Nose Strips = increased contact of strip to nose + increased ability to  remove blackheads due to charcoal.

Summary:

MUCH better than Biore nose strips
Cuts on nose strip leads to increased contact of strip to nose
Increased ability to remove blackheads due to charcoal

$8 for 10 strips on eBay

Grade: 5/5 because it's the most effective nose strip and any product for that matter to date at getting rid of my blackheads

Value: 5/5 because it's less than a dollar per strip

Repurchase? Yes, definitely. Don't even bother trying Biore.

2 comments:

  1. will the blackheads be back quickly and left big holes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      The nose strips only remove the blackheads unfortunately :( The cleanser and pore minimizing solutions that you use will be what slows down the black heads from coming back!

      Delete