Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Review: It's Skin Prestige Creme Hand D'Escargot



I've actually never heard of the brand It's Skin before going to Korea this summer. I researched about it and saw its claim to fame with the snail cream and using Nichkhun (member of the popular Korean idol group 2PM) as their endorser. As I already had my heart set out on buying Missha's Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Moisturizer for my face, I didn't really want to buy snail cream for the same function. They had a ranking of the best-selling products on their store, and I think this hand cream was ranked 4th, so I decided to give it a try.



Description (from the tube itself):
  • Prestige Creme Hand D'escargot features an exclusive mucin extract that deeply hydrates and protects skin
  • On a side note: they don't even list it on their official website under their prestige line! http://www.itsskin.com/eng/htm/02_product/product_11.asp?activem=2&actives=11      

My impression:

Worst purchase ever. I don't remember exactly how much I bought this for and that's a good thing because I might end up banging my head on the wall. This does nothing for me. I've been using it nightly for the past 3 weeks now and I haven't noticed any difference with my hands. They may be more hydrated but it's nothing more than any other drugstore hand lotion. My hands are really dry due to years of neglecting to care for them and I thought splurging for a hand cream made of snail mucin may accelerate the healing process. Nope. No luck there. I've read some great reviews about It's Skin snail cream for the face but as far as their hand cream goes it's basically money down the drain for me.

So in other words, don't buy it. I actually checked eBay and they don't even have it! I guess it's not a popular item at all. It's not sold on eBay and it's not even listed on It's Skin's official site. I probably should have done a background check before I bought it. So if that's you and you stumbled upon this blog, don't buy it! Or if you really want to try it, at least try it in store first or buy a small sample (if you can find one).

Summary:

Doesn't hydrate my hands any better than drugstore hand lotion
Definitely no snail mucin regeneration/healing going on here
Expensive and cannot be found on eBay or even listed on It's Skin's official site...

Quality: 2.5/5 it passes because it does hydrate like a cream is supposed to

Value: 0/5 because there's no point in splurging for something a drugstore lotion can do for you

Repurchase? No, no and no!

No comments:

Post a Comment